Do you know what the problem is with dirty bathtubs? No one likes them, and no one wants to clean them either. However, it is necessary and essential because it involves your dear life and your loved ones’ lives. One should be aware that dirty bathtubs can make you ill.
The fungus built-up can cause skin infections, and if you have children who have baths with the tub full, the dirty water may even get into their mouth before you can even stop them.
So no matter how much you hate doing this chore, you must do it. And we are here to make things simpler for you. We will let you know of some straightforward, efficient, and practical ways in which you can clean your bathtub in no time.
We are sure you would love to take extensive and soothing showers in your cleans showers, so let’s get into all the tips we have for you.
Bathtub Cleaning Tips
There are several ways in which you can clean your bathtub. It all depends on how bad the situation is and also on personal preference. Here’s what you need to do
The Natural Cleaning Method
- Begin with washing away any dirt, debris, and hair that is in your shower. You can use a removable shower head to wash around all the edges or use a shower mug to help you clear out the area. In case you think the debris is too much, it is ideal for wiping it off with a paper towel. Otherwise, it will clog your drain. In case your drain gets clogged, you would end up having to clean up that as well, so be careful.
- Acidic substances can clean surfaces very effectively. However, some people do not prefer using chemicals. In that case, you can make your cleaner with grapefruit and some salt. Cut a grapefruit in half and then cover the open half with some salt. Also, sprinkle some salt all over the tub. You may need to use both halves of grapefruit to clean out the bathtub. Just scrub the tub with salt and grapefruit, and it will take out all the grits. Let it soak for a while and wash away all the salt and pulp. Leaving your bathroom smelling all citrusy.
- If grapefruit is not available, you can also use vinegar instead, Just used a brush to scrub to clean the bathtub. If the grittiness is too stubborn to get out, you can also sprinkle some baking soda to do the job better.
- Ideally, you practice regular cleaning. Even better if you do it daily. It would be far more comfortable for you to manage than to let things stay because then the grits just become very difficult to come out.
Using Commercial Products
- If using natural products for cleaning is not your cup of tea, then using pre-made products can always save you time and effort. Make sure you start by putting on some gloves first.
- After that, clear out the debris, dirt, and hair from the bathtub and make sure you avoid clogging your bathtub by draining extra rubbish in it.
- Apply the cleaner to the whole bathtub, pour it around. Then use a sponge or a brush to help push the cleaner into the grit. Ensure you do not use any abrasive tools such as a steel wool ball for cleaning since that would leave marks on the bathtub.
- After scrubbing and soaking, rinse off the bathtub properly, making sure no chemicals are left on the bathtub.
- All cleaners come with a different set of instructions. Read the manufacturer’s manual on the back of the bottle or packaging to make better use of it. You must apply as it has been directed to get the best results.
- It is ideal to use these cleaners once to twice a month to leave your bathtub looking sparkly clean.
- It is important to clean around the bathtub as well. The tiles around the bathtubs should also be cleaned to make everything look more put together and neat.
- Apply any of your preferred cleaners on the tiles and scrub softly. After letting it soak, use a paper towel to clean off the cleaner, and rinse the tiles.
- Also, clean the taps and shower head if you have them,
- The shelves around should also be cleaned every once in a while.
Instead of cleaning once in a blue moon, it is ideal that you do it regularly. This not only helps you from the hassle but also keeps you and your loved ones healthy. Always make sure that you are using gloves and even a face mask. Commercial cleaners are powerful so keep the bathroom ventilated when you are cleaning to avoid the fumes from harming you. If chemical cleaners irritate your eyes or skin, seek immediate medical attention, and stop using the cleaner.
We Can Help!
Have the grits gotten too stubborn for you to clean? Then leave it to us, and we will do our job right. Cris’s Cleaning Services LLC provides you with a whole range of cleaning services. From deep cleaning to making your carpets look as good as new, we do it all. Give us a call, and our cleaning professionals will clean out all that grit from the bathtub in just a matter of moments. Experts make all your hard work look simple and give you a cleaner space to live in.
Call Your Professional Cleaners
Cleaning bathtubs can be overwhelming, but your next shower would feel much more relaxing knowing that you are in a clean bathtub if you do them right. We hope you liked our article and if you have any questions, you can ask us.