Hiring the right house cleaning company may sound daunting. After all, residential house cleaning is an $899.9 million market. There are plenty of choices out there.
Given the odds, you would think it would prove challenging to find the right service; however, the process of hiring the right house cleaning company doesn’t have to be as time-consuming or stressful as you might think. With just three simple steps, you can benefit from premium cleaning services.
How to Hire the Right House Cleaning Company in 3 Simple Steps
These three steps will help point you in the right direction.
1. Prioritize referrals over online reviews.
Any time you read online consumer reviews, bear in mind that you’re dealing with questionable reliability.
The credibility of all reviews — even real ones — is questionable. A 2016 study published in The Journal of Consumer Research looked at whether online reviews reflected objective quality as rated by Consumer Reports. The researchers found very little correlation. Why? Reviews are subjective, and the tiny subset of people who leave them aren’t average.The New York Times
People tend to leave online reviews when they have strong feelings; and in general, those who have had negative experiences contribute far more reviews than those who are satisfied. What consumers are mostly left with, then, are lists of reviews that are heavily unbalanced.
While reviews aren’t completely unhelpful in choosing the right house cleaning company, referrals from family, friends, and members of your community are far more reliable. Asking around and getting the real opinions of people in your area can go a long way toward pointing you in the right direction.
2. Check for experience, qualifications, and safety concerns.
In these days of slick website design, people can easily set themselves up to look like experts in their field. What really matters, however, is not how good their website looks but how well they’re actually equipped to do the job.
A few things you’ll want to check before hiring a house cleaning company:
- Can the cleaners pass a background check? If you’re working with a well-recognized company, you can ask about their hiring process to ensure that their employees have cleared this important hurdle. If you’re hiring an independent contractor, consider conducting one on your own.
- Have they been through any professional training? Often companies will list experience, credentials, and certifications on their sites. If not, be sure to request this information.
- Are they in compliance with state licensing requirements? Naturally, every state has its own requirements for licensing. Lack of compliance with regulations is a major red flag.
Once these preliminary checks are out of the way, you’re free to move on to the third and final step in hiring the right house cleaning company.
3. Establish clear expectations.
While some house cleaning services offer set packages, others lean more toward hourly rates. This is where things can get murky. How can you be sure you know what you’re paying for?
As you consider how to hire the right house cleaning company, always clarify expectations clearly before hiring the company for the first time.
- Approximately long will the service take?
- Exactly what will be included in the service?
- How much can you expect to pay, and are there any circumstances in which the fees could potentially change?
Take your time to ask these and any other clarifying questions.
Of course, some companies make this last step easier than others.
That’s where we come in.
Call Your Professional Cleaners
To hear more about our premium services, or to get a free quote today, please feel free to contact us. We always set clear expectations ahead of time so that there are no surprises.
We look forward to serving you!