Whether you’re busy with a family and career or just want some occasional help around the house, getting a cleaning service is not only practical, it can be a lifesaver. But if you’re like most people, you may be unsure what type of cleaning service you need. Should you hire a maid or a house cleaner? Understanding what these cleaning professionals do is crucial to ensure you get a superb home cleaning. After all, you don’t want to end up hiring the wrong type of cleaner. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect from each service, so you can better decide what sounds right for you.
Who is a Maid?
A maid is an individual who helps out with routine cleaning and other projects around the house. Maids are the best when it comes to keeping the house in order and tidy. A maid is usually hired by a family who provides all the necessary equipment and cleaning products needed for the job. They can be hired depending on the need, such as during special occasions, daily or weekly.
Typical Maid Services
- Washing, drying, folding, ironing, and puttinglaundry away
- Changing bed linens and making beds
- Organizing and decluttering
- Shopping and restocking personal care items like tissue paper when needed
- Picking up clutter and general tidying
- Cooking and preparing meals
- Running errands for the family
- Washing and putting away dishes
- Throwing out the garbage
- Taking care of pets, including feeding and walking
- Mopping floors and vacuuming carpets
- Cleaning and disinfecting the bathroom, shower, toilet, tub, and sink
- Cleaning the kitchen, including countertops, sinks, dishwasher, oven and microwave, and the floor
- Picking up toys
- Replacing light bulbs and performing other essential maintenance
- Other light duties as requested
Who is a House Cleaner?
A house cleaner focuses primarily on cleaning. They generally shouldn’t be expected to tidy up or declutter your home, as it’s your duty to ensure they can easily access the surfaces they’re supposed to clean. House cleaning is done by a team of house cleaners or an individualhouse cleaner, who will arrive on a scheduled day. House cleaners typically bring their cleaning equipment and products with them, but you may request specific products or choose to supply the cleaning products and equipment. They can be hired on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis.
House cleaning services go beyond the routine cleaning of a maid service – pay extra attention to those neglected areas of your home. On the first house cleaning visit, your house cleaner will perform a top to bottom, thorough and complete cleaning of your home to ensure it’s up to the required maintenance standards. Future scheduled cleanings will maintain your house and keep it smelling and feeling fresh with routine cleaning tasks.
Deep cleaning involves moving all of your appliances, furniture, and knick-knacks to clean under them. Every surface is scrubbed clean, all the way from the baseboards and the floor up to the top of the ceiling. Deep cleaning will leave all your surfaces free of dust, dirt, and germs and your house sparkling clean.
House Cleaning Services
- Sanitizing and scrubbing the kitchen from top to bottom, including cabinets, drawers, countertops, backsplashes, knobs & handles, and appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, sinks, and drains, and light switch plate covers.
- Sanitizingand scrubbing bathrooms from top to bottom, including showers, toilets, sinks, tubs, knobs, and drain openings
- Vacuuming upholstery and carpets
- Dusting surfaces such as tables, window ledges, and chairs
- Consolidating and removing trash and recycling
- Shining the mirrors and cleaning the windows
- Polishing chrome surfaces
- Vacuuming and mopping hard floors
Choosing the Right Service
Whether to hire a maid service or go with a house cleaning service will depend on your needs and lifestyle. Maids are the best option if you need someone to help you with everyday cleaning and tidying up. But if you are looking for help with house cleaning, want to give your home a deep cleaning, or have a few extra requests, call a house cleaning company like Cris’s Cleaning Services!
Call Your Professional Cleaners
When you’re looking for someone to help you stay on top of household chores, you want to be sure you’re getting the service you need. At Cris’s Cleaning Services, we are a full-service cleaning company providing exceptional house cleaning and maid services to suit every home, lifestyle, and budget, and we can help you decide which is best for you. Each of our cleaners and maids is carefully interviewed and background-checked before being individually trained to offer you the best cleaning service possible. Contact us today for a free quote!